The conference aim was to strengthen the relevance of the contributions to education by accredited organizations before the Communique of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) is developed or revised. It was to further address educational priority issues towards the 2030 Agenda.
The theme of the conference was;
- Lessons learned from COVID-19 mitigation and recovery strategies;
- Rethinking education for decent work and employability;
- Redefining learning spaces: multiple pathways and flexible approaches;
- Financing of education, including innovative financing;
- Education for sustainability and a peaceful, cohesive Commonwealth.
A ministerial conference communique was developed and will be presented before the Commonwealth Heads of state meeting to be held in Rwanda in the Month of June 2022. Kenya was also selected as the Chair of the Commonwealth Education Ministers for a period of three years.